Project Architect (Vancouver, WA)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are a fast-growing design/build startup looking for a Project Architect to support our team in the design and manufacture of our modular housing building concept inside our Portland area factory. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company on the ground floor and to influence the development of an innovative housing product.
You are a reliable and motivated architect and have a strong work ethic, integrity, and an attention to detail that inspires others to build an excellent product. Your passion for technical architecture, building and construction extends into advanced materials and methods and the application of technology to the built environment. This position will require the ability to troubleshoot and team-up with our Blokable team to build a better housing product.
You will have general architectural experience and knowledge of affordable and market-rate housing, building structure, envelope, fenestration and finishing all to be weather resistant and energy efficient. You want to bring innovation to housing. Modular knowledge a plus. Additionally, you will have experience and skill in AutoCAD, InDesign, steel structure, MEP and technology installation. You are also highly organized and a good collaborative team player.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ability to produce technical drawings and specifications to construct modular housing for homeless, affordable, and market-rate housing.
· Ensure that the work is in compliance with city, and various state requirements and building codes.
· Work with project management team to deliver successful projects for customers.
· AutoCAD expertise
· InDesign and MS Excel fluency
· Experience with housing.
· Familiarity with regulatory codes, materials, equipment, construction techniques.
· Collaborative, conscientious and a self-starter
· Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
· Project management scheduling software
· Revit, BIM, and/or 3D capabilities
· CAD Rendering capability
· Good graphic skills
· Architectural registration
· Steel construction and fabrication experience desirable
• Bachelors of Architecture (Masters Degree in Architecture preferred) or equal.
• Five (5) years minimum experience in all phases of architecture – preferably housing.
• Good numeracy and English literacy skill.
• Valid driver's license
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Blokable offers a competitive salary and stock options. Please visit our website and write a brief description of why you would like to interview for this position. Please send your CV in PDF format. CVs provided in other file formats will not be considered. Qualified and interested candidates should email their CV along with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blokable is an equal opportunity employer.